Saturday, April 30, 2011

Testing the Monitors

So I managed to get my hands on 7 monitors (whoop whoop!) just to fill up the eight slots of the display splitter. I bought two second-hand monitors, borrowed a monitor from my dad's office as well as my friends Calvin and Kamil (thank you so much!). Also had to steal my family's monitor from home, and use my own to to add to the amount.




Many thanks to Calvin and Ijat for helping me carry the very heavy screens! :D

I was testing out the monitors this afternoon and took awhile to set up. The amount of wires are overwhelming, so I really need to figure out a way to make it neat. Also, need to find a cloth to cover the tables for presentation purposes.



After all the wires were plugged in, I switched on the monitors for testing. After a couple of minutes snapping the photo above, Calvin's monitor (on the utmost left) was short circuited and failed to work. :( The smell was pretty bad too. So now I'm one monitor down.

I'm not sure if I'm able to find another monitor in time, although Ijat did offer me his flat screen. Will see how it all turns out tomorrow!

Also, the Kinekt failed to calibrate any movement when tested. Hopefully, it doesn't continue to do so anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment